This school is not currently accepting applications.
MacCormac College - Chicago29 East Madison St.
Chicago, IL 60602
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Administration
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MISSION STATEMENT:
The mission of the Business Administration Associate of Science degree program is to educate students in the fundamental concepts, techniques and skills necessary to excel in various business-related fields.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION VISION STATEMENT:
To create a learning environment in which students understand the fundamentals of ethical business practices and behaviors to help them succeed in the 21st century global business environment.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION GOALS:
- MacCormac’s Business Administration Program will ensure that students are well rounded, well educated, and well prepared for the 21st century world of business. To that end, the course of study will:
- Provide students with a broad-based overview of the key concepts, tools, strategies and techniques necessary to support/enhance students’ employability in a for-profit or not- for-profit business venture.
- Provide the basic tools to move on to a four-year college or university.
- Explore the latest concepts and practices in management and global economics.
- Broaden student understanding of current and future economic trends and their impact on the business climate in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Build basic skills, knowledge and understanding of business accounting, finance, technology, human resource management and marketing.
- Integrate traditional classroom education, best practices and experiential learning to enhance student knowledge and understanding.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Communicate effectively in business environments
- Utilize relevant business software and online business resources
- Review the relevance of social media within the business context
- Analyze internal and external business reports including basic financial statements
- Identify, analyze and evaluate common and competing interests of business stakeholders including customers, suppliers, business owners, investors and global markets
- Gain an understanding of the ethical challenges related to business and management through the study of effective strategies for resolving these issues.